Using SEO Html for optimization is not a new story. A properly optimized Html code is considered one of the simplest and best for a website in search engines, especially Google. Html headings and SEO Html tags help Google scan correctly, recognize the page and add it to the search results. In this article, we will cover the essential aspects of using SEO Html.
What are SEO Html Tags, and How to Use Them?
Html tags are small pieces of code that help the search engine read your page’s information better and understand what it is about. So adding SEO Html tags is an important optimization step.
Title tag and its importance
The first and one of the most crucial Html tags is the title. It is a title line of each page that we are used to seeing in the search results. The title should describe the theme of your page and not have a list of random keys.
Search engines will display the content of your title tag as a title in the search results. The page’s main keyword should be added to the <title> tag, and it should not be longer than 60-70 characters. The <meta name = “description” tag is what we see under the title in the search results, that is, a summary of the page.
It is recommended not to exceed 160 characters. Likewise, the title and meta description should be unique. They should relate to your page’s topic, contain keys, but not an incoherent set of words, but structured sentences that are understandable to the user.
Also, do not forget that the title and meta description are created not only for SEO Html purposes but also to attract users to click on your page in the search results.
H1, h2, h3 tags and how to add Html headings
The H1, h2, h3 tags should not be undervalued and, of course, you should know how to add such Html headings. Firstly, thanks to them, the content is structured and easier for the reader to evaluate. According to Buffer, it takes an average of 15 seconds for a user to evaluate a page’s content. Therefore, these tags will help the user quickly assess the page’s relevance.
For SEO purposes, they are also important. It should be noted that there should be only one H1 tag on the page, while there may be several others. For search engines, these tags are essential in descending order. H1 is the most important, H2 is the least, and so on. Don’t forget to add your keywords to them.
How to write the H1 tag and the rest of the H tags largely determines the success of the optimization and SEO Html for search queries. Before making an H1 heading, there are some best practices to keep in mind. They relate to what the text of the H1 heading will be and where the Html headings will be placed.
How to use H1-h6 headings:
- Hierarchy of headings. The H1 heading must be above all other H headings on the page. The rest of the headings are in level order.
- Gradation of fonts. The higher the heading level (H1 is the highest), the larger the heading font.
- No more than one H1 per page. The H1 HTML tag can only be used once per page. Two H1 headers will mislead the search engine, leading to unpredictable consequences when indexing a site.
- Nothing extra in H headings. Do not use anything other than text in H1-h6 headings. Avoid using other accent tags and links inside H tags.
- Do not overuse the headings h2, h3, h4, h5, h6. An excessive number of “important” page elements can be interpreted as spam or over-optimization of the site.
Content of H1-h6 headings:
- Direct occurrence of the keyword in the title. An exact match of the keyword in the title increases the page’s relevance for the relevant query.
- The uniqueness of the title relative to other pages on the site. Search engines may not consider duplicate titles on different pages of the site.
- The proximity of the heading to the beginning of the document. The closer to the beginning of the Html code the heading is, the greater its value relative to other elements of the page and the more significant the content of the heading is.
- The proximity of the keyword to the beginning of the heading. Ideally, the title should start with a keyword.
- Heading length h1, h2, h3,…, h6. Title length must not exceed 60 characters. Search engines handle a limited number of characters. Long headlines will not be fully understood.
- Literacy of headings. Grammatical errors in the title reduce the relevance of the title.
- The density of keywords in the title. All titles are evaluated for re-optimization. Therefore, do not cram more and more keywords into the title. The title may be ignored.
Alt tags and why they matter
Alt tags are an essential element. The alt attribute is a special description of an image, which usually includes only a few words and is read by the search engine during the page’s indexing. If users disable the option to support graphic elements in the browser, they will be shown the content of the alt tag instead of displaying an image. The text for this attribute should not be too long.
The graphic image will be loaded even if it does not have the specified alt and title tags. But in this case, the benefits of SEO for images become unavailable.
If you spend a little time and create an alternative description of the images, the webmaster gets the following opportunities:
- inform the search robot with essential data;
- attract new visitors;
- increase the loyalty of your audience.
Search engines analyze graphic elements of sites for uniqueness, but they cannot determine their thematic focus. And if the site owner wants the search scanner to perceive the image correctly, it must write alt text for it.
In addition to the main search, Google has an additional image search service. By creating an optimized description of image tags, the webmaster increases the chances that internet users will be able to find their site using this service.
Links and their mission
Links are an important element for a website. In Html, they can be easily made recognizable for search engines. The link is set using <a href…>, and you can add various attributes to it.
For example, the sponsored attribute clarifies to the search engines that they paid for the link. The nofollow attribute tells bots not to follow the link or pass the weight. The canonical attribute is set so that the search engine can understand which page to display in the search if there is the same content on other sites. (for example, if your site is accessible via www and without).
Meta robots tags and why do you need them
There is also a meta robots tag, a kind of recommendation message for search engine bots. Using it, you can specify which pages you need to go to, which ones need to be indexed, and which ones should be skipped. For example, it might look like this: <meta name = “robots” content = “noindex, nofollow”>.
Here are some tips on how to use meta robots tags:
Clear directives and instructions for search bots from the meta robots tag help manage web resource indexing. The standard directives of the content attribute deserve special attention.
According to the rules, it can be assigned one of several values:
- index or noindex – enable or disable indexing of content;
- all or none – means the need or refusal to index all content;
- follow or nofollow – allows you to analyze or skip links.
In addition to paired indications, the following are also used:
- noarchive – a ban on showing links to page copies (from the cache) in the results,
- noimageindex – a ban on indexing visual content
- nosnippet – the impossibility of showing a snippet with page content in search results.
Sometimes the directive is used – noodp, which prohibits bots from using the description from the Open Directory Project directory as a page fragment.
In addition, you can use the robots meta tag as a general deny or permissive directive. Specifying “none” is an alternative for “nofollow”, “noindex”, and specifying “all” for “index”, “follow”. If we neglect the robots meta tag, and do not specify it in the code, then search bots will index absolutely all the content of web pages.
Microdata and what role does it play in SEO Html
Also, an interesting point for the HTML CEO is microdata. Microdata is one of three code languages for presenting content to search engines. Thanks to this micro-markup, the search engine better understands the site’s content and gives out more information in the SERP. A nice snippet description is produced. The most common is https://schema.org.
The role of layout validity
In SEO Html, the validity of the Html layout plays a significant role. It must comply with the w3c standards.
The absence of errors in the document’s layout is one of the leading indicators of its quality. An automatic layout check for errors can be carried out using the online service W3C, and various programs “validators.”
At the same time, compliance with the standards is not necessary for the site to be displayed in browsers. This situation has arisen since non-professionals make a lot of sites on the Internet, and these standards are not met.
Browser owners are interested in maximum accessibility of information and are forced to display even the most “crooked” sites. However, this does not mean that there is no point in adhering to the standards. The quality of displaying valid documents is usually much higher, and search engines consider the validity of the page code when ranking documents.
In addition, the layout should be cross-browser, and the site should load quickly, both in the phone version and on the desktop. Therefore, the site should accordingly be adapted for mobile phones and computers.
How to use SEO Html tags in SEO promotion?
To attract potential customers for promoted queries, it is necessary to write descriptions using key phrases for the alt and title tags. The text used for the alt tag can be in the following format: “adjective + passphrase.” Creating a complex sentence “adjective + key + addition” for the title attribute is recommended.
For example, let’s look at the keyword phrase “London property.” For such a key, you can write alt “Luxury London Real Estate” as well as the title “Luxury Real Estate in the City, Sutton and Bexley.” An optimized image description should contain words such as “photo,” “image.”
The Importance of Html Keywords for SEO Optimization
Previously, Html keywords for SEO purposes were added as a separate field so that the search engine could understand what the page was about. But now, the algorithms have changed and become smarter.
Google and other search engines determine the user’s content and information on the page independently, without needing a list of keywords. Accordingly, it makes no sense to fill in now. Nowadays, the density of keywords in the text, uniqueness, structure, and readability are more important things to consider.
Correct SEO Html optimization helps search engines better understand what the page is about, better rank it, and display it accordingly in the SERP, which will increase traffic and the number of users.
Using best practices we have given in this article, you can quickly improve your page ranking and increase traffic to your main website.